I’ve seen other people engage in a 31 day this, or 31 day that type of challenge and have always wanted to try it for myself. The most recent person that I saw do this was Wayne Sutton, and I liked what he did.
Soo, here’s my thing, and my reason for wanting to do this:
I need to focus.
I feel like I have too many different stews, with too many rabbits in them. Right now, I’m not focusing enough on any of my blogs/ sites/ endeavours to make any of them a success save for one.
The lone exception is my airplane website, but even that one requires more attention than I’m able to give it. Here’s my “brilliant” plan:
- Everyday, for the month of August, post a video on youtube.
- Each video will be posted to my main personal account.
- No more than 30 minutes will be spent on filming, production, editing, etc. More than likely, each video will be completed in 1 take.
- Each video session will contain a sub-video for each of my websites.
- The videos are to be posted before 12pm CST, every day.
Here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish:
- I will only pay attention to the sites that I am still talking about at the end of August.
- I’m hoping that this exercise will help me focus on what I really, really care about, and not just devote some attention to what I can talk about, or should talk about.
- Since I’ll be focused at the end of August, I should be able to better determine what my business focus should be on.
- I hope to become better on camera, and more comfortable with production.
I think it was Rick Butts who said something along the lines that you shouldn’t sell something that you don’t want to deliver because if you happen to sell one, you’ll hate having to deliver it. I’ve got a pretty good idea right now about what I don’t want to deliver, let’s see if it stays that way all through the month.
See this Amp at http://amplify.com/u/87si