Goodbye 2009 and my predictions for 2010
You’ve been good to me. Really, you have been.
I know there’s a recession and people are having all sorts of problems with the economy and my heart goes out to them. Personally, and in retrospect, I had a good 2009. It wasn’t GREAT, but it was good.
Here are some of the things that I accomplished or achieved in 2009
- I found my inner voice
- Until this year, I hadn’t quite figured out what it is that I wanted to do with my various online presences.
- I figured out what it is that I wanted to stand for.
- I got several speaking gigs, and got bitten by the public speaking bug.
- I learned how to run my online business a lot better.
- More profits from less effort.
- I really internalized the meaning of the word: Implement.
- A better relationship with my kids
- Began to internalize that I’m thirty freakin nine years old.
There are a great many things that I’m purposely leaving off the list, just for the sake of alacrity.
For 2010, here are my predictions:
- My inner voice and what I stand for will get me into some trouble.
- My online business will go from operating on the equivalent of a 2 cycle weed eater motor to a 4 cycle, 4 cylinder motorcycle engine. What I mean is that it will rev up and grow
- More speaking gigs
- More travel
- More time with my kids, specially over the summer
- Upgrades of all my toys, I mean tools.
- Better focus
- My first ultra marathon
I’m really looking forward to 2010.
I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to a new year. I think part of that stems from my insistence on focusing on the things that I did not accomplish instead of the things that I did accomplish during the year that is passing.
I’m not discounting what I didn’t accomplish, I’m just going to focus on what I did accomplish instead.
Moving forward into 2010, I feel like I have a better plan of action. I feel like I’ll be able to accomplish most of my goals for the year.
How about you?
What’s your review of 2009 and predictions for 2010?