I literally just finished reading Gary Vaynerchuk’s book “Crush It!”
I read it in one day.
Yes, it was an easy book to read, but I also just could not put it down. Every page had something interesting on it and I couldn’t wait to read the next page. Gary has a lot to say about passion, about working and about what it takes to make your dreams come true.
If working at something that you love to do every day is your thing, I suggest you pick up the book, read it and then apply it. Gary actually lays out a step by step plan that you can follow so you can crush it in your own niche or area of expertise.
Here are some takeaways from the book:
- Love your family
- Be passionate about what you do for a living
- Do what you love and you’ll never work another day in your life
- It’s going to take a lot of time, a lot of work, a lot of effort. Gary describes it as effort until you’re “bleeding out your eyeballs” before you can crush it
- It won’t be comfortable, but you won’t care
- You gotta hustle
- Find your “thing” and work it.
Bottom line, it’s up to you to create your personal brand and market the living daylights out of it. Your personal brand is all you have to go on and it’s all you’ve got to fall back on.
You should be passionate and/ or knowledgeable enough about “your thing” to create at least 50 blog posts about it, right off the bat.
Ask me any questions you may have about the book and I’ll answer them as best I can.
Here are a couple of pictures from when I met Gary Vaynerchuk at a book signing in Austin.