There’s another name for rehashed marketing, and it’s PLR. PLR stands for “Private Label Rights” which is essentially a product that the seller/ creator gives you permission to put your own name on, and sell it as if you were the one that wrote/ created the content.
No matter what name you give it, PLR sucks. Let me tell you why.
- It does no service to anyone but the person selling you that report or whatever it is. The “creator” of the PLR, who probably purchased the PLR themselves from somewhere else, is the only person that gains anything with PLR.
- All you’re doing when selling PLR is repeating what other people have said. Sure you can make money at it, but why would you sell out your soul like that?
- To me, PLR means you don’t care enough about the market to create your own content.
I’ve used PLR, so I’m not sitting on the edge bashing it for no reason. I’ve used it, but discovered that I needed to modify it a lot in order to make it make sense.
This is what I believe is the production process for some PLR packages that are out there:
- Find something original about a market, it’s OK if you can’t find something original, just find some PLR stuff.
- Take the original or PLR content you found in step 1 and run it through a text spinner.
- Relabel the product that came out from the spinner as PLR and sell it.
As always your mileage may vary, but why would you go through the hassle or rewriting content that you’ve already paid for? Anyway, I just needed/ wanted to say something about this.
Maybe there is some good PLR content out there that I just haven’t found, but I doubt it.
What has your experience with private label rights products been?