Social Circles Presentation
This is a really cool presentation put on by a dude named Paul Adams.
It’s a bit long, so let me try to sum it up for you:
- Online friends are different than offline friends.
- Social networking is a means to an end, you need to know what the end is tho
- People have multiple independent groups of friends
- The average Facebook user has 130 friends, but only interacts with about 10 of them on a regular basis
- We can only keep up with 150 weak relationships at a time.
- We’re heavily influenced by the people around us
- We care deeply about how we look
- People have multiple facets to their identity