Star Wars The Force Awakens – A Quasi Review
I finally went to go see Star Wars The Force Awakens. I’ve been debating about doing a full on review or something similar on here. Instead of doing that, I’ll just do a sort of big hits type of thing.
Of course, there will be spoilers, probably, so don’t look past the photos if you want to avoid the spoilers.
- I did not have a problem with most of the acting. If, there was a weak point in the acting, it was with the people from the original trilogy.
- Overall, I was pleased despite some cringe worthy moments.
- Michelle thought that the dialogue was too modern for her tastes. She did not like how Rey and Finn talked to each other. I did not have a problem with that myself, but apparently it was really annoying to her.
- Some to the conversations between Ben Solo and Han Solo seemed a little wooden, but this was mostly on Harrison Ford’s side of the conversation.
- Also, there was some really bad dialogue between Han and Leia. Like seriously awkward. I had visions of South Park’s review of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull during a couple of the awkward moments.
The special effects:
- Both practical and digital, and epic.
- Felt, at times, like a shot for shot remake of Episode IV.
- Entertaining nonetheless.
- Good to see what happened with Han and Leia, although there are still other people who I’d like to know what happened to them.
- Good to see that Luke is still around, but homeboy says 0 words of dialogue in the movie.
GO SEE THIS MOVIE!