Still not quite there yet
I figured out why I was having issues with my migration between servers.
It turns out, that if you’re trying to import from a WordPress database backup, the worst thing you can do is to change servers and change user names.
Basically, my site got all hunker jawed because I changed the account that I host this site under. I made the mistaken assumption that backing up my database, then importing my database to my new account would be all that I needed to do.
Well, it wasn’t.
The old database backup, was expecting be restored to same server/ account with the same username, paths etc. It was also expecting to be hosted at the same IP address and have the same MySQL database name and so on and so forth. I did do some research, and even tested different scenarios in my test environment (yes, I have a test environment) and everything worked out fine, except it didn’t occur to me to test the whole “different login name, different servers, different IP address and database names” scenario.
I may feel up to putting together a big post later on with more details in it, but I’m still trying to figure out how to fix this mess.