Things I’m grateful for
I am grateful for a great many things. I never know if I should make a list or just flat out say what I’m grateful for. Here’s a list:
- My kids and my kid’s health is on top of the list. I’m very grateful to have 2 healthy and happy kids, sure they get the sniffles and whatnot, but overall they are in great health.
- I’m also grateful for my own health, despite my weight issues. Yes, I’m seriously overweight and there are things that I should be doing to remedy that, but I’m still in good health. My blood tests came back in great shape, my blood pressure is fine, no signs of diabetes, so all in all, I’m in good health.
- I’m grateful for my parents. They are still alive and in good health themselves. They don’t seem to really need anything and now, after about 10 years of retirement, seem to be getting along great.
- My girlfriend. Seriously, I have the best girlfriend in the world. Just don’t tell my wife… I keed, I keed, I’m not married.
- My family. I have a large and extended family in another country. I miss them and I’m grateful that I have managed to reconnect with many of them through of all things, facebook.
- My friends. I’ve somehow managed to make some pretty good friends, almost in spite of myself.
- My job and the extras that it affords me. I’m gainfully and appropriately employed, not under employed or over employed, I’m just right.
- I’m grateful for the skills that God has given me, and I hope that I’m being a good steward of those gifts.
- My church. I feel the church’s slogan of connected with God, connecting with each other and connecting others with God has been instrumental in how I’ve been leading my life these last few years. Had it not been for my church and the friendships I’ve forged there I would’ve never discovered the true meaning of God’s word.
- Something else that I’m grateful for, is that I no longer spend 2 hours of my day sitting in traffic while commuting to work. Nowadays, I’m usually greeted by this kind of traffic during my 15 minute commute.