Top 5 Mistakes You’re Making With Your Adwords Campaign
This should probably go on my marketing blog, but I don’t remember my login credentials and this is something that I need to say now. I work at a digital marketing agency, so I get to deal with a great many Adwords campaigns for a great many clients.
Most of the campaigns I manage perform brilliantly, others not so much.
There are some campaigns, that are just flea bitten dogs that do horribly. Most of those campaigns follow a similar pattern.
Without further ado, here are the top 5 Adwords mistakes that you are making with your pay per click campaigns now.
- Not enough budget. Your budget is too low for your target geo/market. This one, you can fix by adding more money to your campaign or reducing your target geo.
- Not scheduling your ads. Unless you’re in a 24 hour business like plumbing or something like that, you do not need to run your ads overnight or when your store is closed.
- No dedicated pages for your campaigns. Each campaign and certainly each ad group, should have a dedicated page where you talk about what the ad sent people to your page for.
- No funnel. If you do not have a path for your website visitors to follow when they land on your page, you have wasted your money and the visitor’s time.
- Not thought through. You need to think through to the end and figure out why you are advertising.
Bonus number 6, you refuse to listen to the advice of the specialist and fail to adjust your course. Worse than that, you listen to the advice of the salesperson instead of the advice of the Adwords specialist that you’re paying for.
That’s the quick and dirty of this rant.
I might go into more detail over on my marketing blog, but I probably won’t.
I know how these things go.